Tuesday 29 July 2014

No Makeup Look

Recently my skin doesn't really know what it’s doing... I used this new exfoliating sponge the other day and since that my skin just seems to have gone crazy. The sponge was not branded or any kind of fancy sponge, just the normal exfoliating clothes you can buy at most beauty stores. I did find the one I used to be quite coarse so I am not too sure whether that is the reason my skin seems to be out of control. It’s nothing drastic, just a lot of redness and small under the skin bumps that make your face look like a desert! Not a good look eh ladies? So my conclusion is that this sponge may have damaged the top layer of my skin more than anything.  Due to my skin being recently irritated I have opted for a more natural look that will not cause my skin to get worse.

The ‘No Makeup Look’ is perfect for everyday if you don’t like to wear a lot of makeup or if you’re trying to put less product on your face. It is the right time for a light flawless finish due to the summer heat. I am a firm believer that as long as you have great looking skin all your makeup will fall into place, so I think this is something to constantly work on. I am no makeup artist but someone who loves beauty so I am constantly trying new techniques and products to get it right, sometimes I get it wrong and other’s I hit it right on the head. It is all about trial and error, just because something makes your friends skin look like she’s had a Hollywood treatment; it may not have the same effects on you. This is the same for everyone, whatever your age or gender so don’t panic if this happens to you.

Today I opted for big loose curls and the ‘No Makeup Look’ to help my skin recuperate. I focused my attention around my skin and my eyebrows. I can cope without mascara as I do tint my own eyelashes, (I have a ‘How To’ video on Youtube - the link is below) but I do think eyebrows shape a person face, I feel eyebrows are a really defining feature when applying makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/howtodyeyoureyeslashesandeyebrowsathome


Products Used:

L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream - Shade Light Skin Tone
L’Oreal true Match Foundation - Shade Golden Ivory
No 7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder - Translucent
No 7 High Lights Illuminating Powder – Shade Star Light
No 7 Compact Eye shadow Palette – Shade Brown

Applicators Used:

Real Techniques Foundation Brush
Real techniques Powder Brush
Real Techniques Buffing Brush
Define Beauty Angled Brush
Spooley Brush (Unbranded)


For my skincare I am now using a combination of my fingers and the No 7 Radiance Revealed Exfoliator which seems to be working quite nicely, but I will make sure I do a product review when I have used it for longer.


A lot of celebrities that have quite a loud style when it comes to makeup and fashion have recently been seen with their makeup to be quite low key. The 'No Makeup Look' has become a norm for the catwalk and is making its way into a lot of women's daily routine.



I think a lot of people were surprised to see Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga with their toned down looks.

I hope you liked this look! Its simple and easy but if you would like to see a tutorial just leave your comments below!

Love






No comments:

Post a Comment