Tuesday 22 July 2014

DIY Platt Back Top



Its been really warm in England recently which has been really nice as I have been living in summer clothing. The English summers aren't always the best but I think this one has been pretty decent, so for the summer period my most recent DIY had to be a summer top. 


The platt back tops are so effortless stylish, whether you want a crop top, a trim around the bottom or go for more casual look. You can dress them up or dress them down, its a top that offers a lot of ways to wear and style with other items.


 I was going for a more everyday summers casual look with these coral checked shorts and some back flip-flops. A very comfortable and easy outfit in the summers heat.


To do this I used a Mens Medium T-shirt from Primark that my mum found in a cupboard, so you don't need anything fancy for this tutorial. The process of making this DIY wasn't complex and didn't take forever to make. It would be a perfect festival piece if you wanted something completely unique, as I said you can design it however you like.

Its a really cheap way to create something new without spending a lot. You can use a womans top but it will need to be a bigger size as you are pulling the material. I used a mens T-shirt as I wanted to demonstrate how easily you can transform a item, whether its something you don't wear or its damaged in some way. 
There is always a quick fix!

You will need:

A T-shirt
Scissors (preferably fabric scissors)
Rubber Bands 
A Sewing Needle and Thread
Press Studd Fasteners



 To complete the look I had to put my hair in platt's of course, with light makeup and green eyeshadow as I don't like to wear a lot of makeup throughout the summer. This is a easy boho hair style to get your hair out of your face while looking on trend!

Check out the video tutorial below for this DIY. 
Leave yours comments if you like this DIY and don't forget to subscribe and rate.


If you make your own DIY Platt Back Top then do not forget to Tweet me @katyharmston and send me a picture on Instagram of your creations with the styleenhance

I hope your having an amazing Tuesday!
Its going to be a lovely summers evening!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment