Thursday 14 August 2014

Comic Genius


When anyone passes away it's always hard, but when I heard that this incredibly gifted man had passed it actually really affected me. Robin Williams was an amazing actor and comic genius. He was loved by millions of all ages, had a loving family and a job that most people would die for. So what went wrong?

It's heartbreaking that the legend who created Mrs Doubtfire and kept us all amused throughout countless roles was suffering so badly. He openly talked about his drug and alcohol addiction and how it had affected him, but it wasn't enough to keep him from suffering alone. I think I can speak for many when I say that most people would give anything to provide a glimmer of hope to anyone suffering from depression. I have never experienced this kind of self destruction so it's hard for me to understand. Although I can say that this man was a massive part of my childhood, no I did not know him personally but as an audience we feel drawn into the person behind these amazing portrayals. Isn't it odd that we don't know these people at all but we have so much love and respect for them.

It is hard to grasp that he felt that this was the only way to escape, but he will never be forgotten. He will star in several upcoming movies, but I think most will remember him as being the funny man that kept us all laughing with these incredible roles
Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, Good Will Hunting, Night At The Museum, Flubber & Hook

My thoughts are with his family and friends that knew him personally and as the funny man of comedy! 

I hope you are free from suffering and are making people fall off of their chairs with your effortless humour! Sleep Well Robin! 

I hope you respected and loved him as much as I know I did! 

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment