Wednesday 6 August 2014

A Little Beauty Haul - First Impression


Recently I have been using the Loreal True match foundation daily but my ski. Is quite dry is some areas. I think the true match foundation is a great product when it comes to coverage but due to my skin it was sticking to the dry parts of my skin, so by the end of the day it looked patchy. Not a good look! 



I have only these few products on my face that are listed in this blog post to demonstrate how well they work together. 

Before trying the Loreal True Match I always used Rimmel Match Perfection. I find that Rimmel Foundations are so moistured and I have never known them to cause irritation. So I returned to Rimmel but the 25 Hour Foundation, it is a medium coverage foundation. Perfect for my skin and a purse friendly price of £4.99.


I have been looking for a primer that would not leave a whole in my purse. I picked up this MUA Pro-Base Primer from Superdrug. It is very moisturising but quite thin so it doesn't leave you with a flawless canvas to apply your foundation. Although you can't really complain at £4.00.



This MUA Pro-Base Foundation, Concealer and Highlighter Palette is a very cheap palette at £5.00. The foundation and concealer provide a medium coverage and are very moisturising, but the dark shade isn't very pigmented. As you apply of to your skin the colour fades so it cannot be used to contour. 


In the past I have used pressed powders to set my foundation but I started to notice that it was looking cakey. I picked up the Collection Sheer Loose Powder as it was only £2.99 to try to see if it worked with my dry skin. It is Shade Translucent and it is a very light powder. It doesn't seem to dry my skin out or clump up and look cakey. 



To finish off your makeup it is optional to use a setting spray. The setting sprays are used to set your makeup, pretty self explanatory. This MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist is one of the cheapest at £5. I haven't used a setting spray before but I know a lot of people love them, so for the price I thought I would give this one ago. The liquid is very hydrating and fresh, especially in a morning. It feels quite nice as you apply it. As far as I can tell it is working pretty well, I have a few crease lines which my foundation sometimes sinks into. I feel this product and primer is helping to make sure that isn't so apparent. 



I hope you have enjoyed this post. 
Let me know what your holy grail products are for flawless skin. 

Love




No comments:

Post a Comment